Thursday, October 29, 2009

$2.19 a Gallon


That's what I paid for a gallon of milk at Kroger last week.

And that is very wrong. That's probably the same (maybe less) than what we as Americans were paying in the 1980s.

Have you been paying attention? Do you have any idea what has been going on with the price of milk over the course of the last year or so? The market has crashed and now family farmers across the country are getting burned.

It's a big fat complicated issue and I hope to return to it and fill in the blanks for you, especially since I spent a fair amount of time in August talking to struggling farmers.

Here's a bit more (very basic) information on the matter and what is being done to help farmers.

And yes, they do need a stimulus; we need them to receive some kind of financial help. Maintaining the American agricultural industry should be a priority for all Americans. After all, do you want to be drinking milk from China? Because I can say with absolute certainty that I do not.

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Finally Ӏ gοt a web site from where I be able to actuallу obtaіn helρful faсts regarding mу study аnd knowledge.



    My weblog :: nigen biotech the hcg solution

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ηurrah! Finally I got a web site from where I be able to aсtually obtain helpful
    facts regarding my study anԁ knowledge.

    Feel free to ѵіsit my webρаgе .
    .. nigen biotech the hcg solution
    My web site > hgc diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a great article here, But let me share with you all here about my experience with a loan lender called Pedro Loans who helped me expand my business with his loan company that offered me a loan amount of 600,000.00 USD which I used to upgrade my business months ago. He was really awesome working with him because he a Gentle man with a good heart, a man who can listen to your heart beat and tell you that everything will be OK, when I contacted Mr Pedro it was on my Facebook page that his advert came up then I visited his office to discuss about the loan offer that he and his company render, He makes me understand how all process go then I decided to give a try to it was successful just like he promised, yeah I believe him, I trust him, I rely on him as well about all my project he will be my dear financial officer and I'm glad my business is probably going well and I'm going makes my business growth like grass with his help.he work's with a great investors and guess what? They also give international loans. Is that not awesome to hear when you know a lot of business project are growing up each day by day in your heart hoping that you going to make income of that job to raise money for the project, Ops, then Mr Pedro will help you with that, Yes international loan he will help you with that perfectly because I trust him very much for that kind of job, Look don't be shy or shaded give a possible try to Mr Pedro here his contact : pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete